Residual Current Monitoring
- As an alternative to the insulation test by means of periodic verification
- Alternating, pulsating or AC/DC sensitive measurements can optionally be carried out by selecting
- the measuring current transformer for each channel
- Preset function
- Analysis of the harmonics, DC, THF
- Adjustable frequency response for protection of persons, fire protection, plant protection
Residual current monitors are used to monitor earthed systems (TN and TT systems) for fault currents or residual currents. The sum of all conductors except the protective earth conductor is measured by means of measuring current transformers.
In general, residual current monitors (abbreviation RCM) are used to send a message to the user even before reaching the shutdown threshold of the RCD. Residual current monitors detect deteriorations of the insulation level at an early stage and in a reliable way.